Additional information is provided with acceptance notification
- HOURS: Exhibit Hours are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Gates close to the public at 4:00. Artists must be present during all scheduled festival hours.
for each category marked on application for jury, exhibit and judging.
- CRITERIA: Artwork must be original in design and executed by the applicant. Each artist must accompany their own work and may display and sell only in the category in which his work has been accepted.
- REPRODUCTIONS: Original art must occupy more than 50% of booth display. Limited edition prints – individually labeled as such, may be sold only if signed, numbered and framed. One flip bin or display rack that fits inside booth may hold offset reproductions clearly labeled as prints.
- JEWELRY CATEGORY: Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry.
- BUY/SELL: No commercial dealers, agents, kits, castings from commercial molds or mass-produced items or buy/sell allowed.
- DISPLAY: Artists must furnish their own display panels and booth facilities. Space assignment is at the promoter’s discretion and may be either on grass OR cement. Booth set-ups with canopies will need to be stabilized with weights or stakes. The display area is approximately 10 x 10 in size.
- SALES COMMISSION: Fifteen (15%) percent of sales and future commissions derived from the Indian Wells Arts Festival will be payable to the Festival. Artists will agree to Festival Regulations requiring the recording of all sales and reporting of all commissions both on venue as well as “after-hour” home deliveries.
- CALIFORNIA SELLER’S PERMIT from the California State Board of Equalization and compliance with tax laws is mandatory for participation. Out-of-state artists and those applying without a permit can request a temporary sales tax number upon acceptance. A copy of this permit must be submitted to the Production Office by March 6, 2017. Additional details will accompany acceptance notification. Space will not be assigned without a seller’s permit.
- LIABILITY: Artists need to provide liability insurance at their own expense and display all artwork at their own risk
- CLEAN-UP: Artist is responsible for keeping their assigned area clean and left in order each evening.
- RIBBONS: Displaying ribbons or awards from other shows is not allowed.
- INELIGIBILITY: Artists who do not comply with Festival rules and regulations will become ineligible for admission to future festivals.
If you need additional help:
Just email us at help@IndianWellsArtsFestival.com or call or fax Production Office at 760-346-0042